A daily...meh, weekly dose of babies, reality, and love.
You're welcome.

Friday, November 2, 2012

if i were to make a list

Sometimes I avoid saying how I feel about my daughter because it is so over-the-top crazy full of love. I don't want to be a weirdo.
Also, in the interest of being honest and never EVER wanting to discourage other new moms, I tend to highlight the hard parts of my days and nights so everyone knows what really goes on with a newborn. But you know what?

It's actually the best thing in the whole wide world. The galaxy. The Universe.

ALL OF THE UNIVERSES.

It's just that, some days, the cons seem like the pros' nastier, chubbier, older cousin whose shadow could block the sun. But when I step out of that sad slice of shade, I remember why I'm here. And I wrap my arms around that sweet ballerina of mine and rejoice with the Maker of all the universes for the pros, cons, and everything in between. 

Pro: Clara has slept 8 hours a night since she was five weeks old. 
Con: Clara does not like to nap more than 20 minutes at a time during the day unless I'm holding her. And since I refuse to let her cry, this gets exhausting. 

Pro: Clara nurses like a champ.
Con: Clara usually nurses every 2 hours. Which makes it pr-e-tt-y hard to get anything done. 

Pro: Sam has a great job.
Con: I never really know when Sam will be home. The nights get lonely.

Pro: I have a lot of great family and friends around me.
Con: That doesn't make it any easier to click "submit" on my class registration for spring semester. Thinking of leaving my baby makes me want to lock us both in the house until she forces her way out for kindergarten. 

So, yeah. 
I'm a total weirdo. 
*positions self on rooftop
I LOVE MY BABY SO MUCH IT MAKES ME CRY AND I KISS HER A GAJILLION TIMES A DAY AND I DON'T EVER EVER EVER WANT TO GO TO WORK OR SCHOOL AGAIN AND I THINK THE SUN SHINES SIMPLY TO ACCENTUATE HER BIG BLUE EYES AND MAGICAL SOFT DARK HAIR AND WHEN I'M NOT STARING AT HER I'M STARING AT PICTURES OF HER.

There you go. 




   


Happy Friday :) 
   




No comments:

Post a Comment