A daily...meh, weekly dose of babies, reality, and love.
You're welcome.

Monday, April 14, 2014

i don't know where she gets it.

Oh my gosh, we've dragged our kids coast to coast the last few weeks (literally) and we are glad to be back in our own house. Last night we had to drive home from Washington, so we decided to leave late enough that Clara could watch yet another mind-melting episode of Bubble Guppies on the iPad and then fall asleep in her seat. We fed her dinner, nursed the baby, gave them both a bath and clean jammies, loaded up the car and took off.

Now, listen. When faced with a 6+ hour car ride with a toddler and a 3 month old, you find yourself in a state of constant prayer. There's really nothing that brings me closer to the Lord than my silent pleas for the children to sleep, Lord Jesus. May they be smothered in sleep until we pull into our driveway.  They are too young for a roadtrip to be anything but torture by carseat buckles, so the only way to survive sans weeping and gnashing of tiny teeth is to travel by moonlight. SO. Last night. We prepare as much as possible. We say sad goodbyes to Nona and Poppi. We get on the road. Around 10:00 p.m. we've been driving for two hours and Clara has. not. stopped. talking.

 Only the fool makes plans for a baby to follow. I'm gonna stitch that on pillows as baby shower gifts from now on.

I recorded 3 minutes of her chatter. You will not regret listening to this. I often wish she had a twin so they could speak this language together, because I really do feel bad that no one understands her. She has a lot of words, and even decent English sentences, but no where near the vocabulary required for the kind of stories she has to tell. This one involves snacks, Jesus Bible songs, going bye-bye, her brother, and a lot about the moon.
Good luck.


This girl, you guys. She's such a ball buster. I'm so glad she's ours :)


1 comment:

  1. You are a beautiful writer! I love the honesty of your posts, and I can SO relate. I feel like I spend half the day telling myself "remember these moments" and the other half saying "how much longer til bedtime???" And also, I need one of those stitched pillows.

    ReplyDelete