A daily...meh, weekly dose of babies, reality, and love.
You're welcome.

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Guest Post: Jamilyn


New blog feature! People are always asking to guest post on this little blog, so of course I'm giving first honors to one of my three sweet sisters. Two of my sisters, Jamilyn and Becca, live in the same town as me. They watch my baby ALL THE TIME and take such good care of her - and me. The only "problem" is that both of them don't like to eat or bake with processed sugar. They are geniuses at adapting recipes and making delicious, healthy food, and Jamilyn is sharing one of those recipes here today. I actually love that they care so much about what their families are putting in their bodies, and we are admittedly pretty strict about what Clara eats as well, but Sam and I will proudly open our doors to our nieces and nephews for "Aunt Jessie cereal" (i.e. Honey Bunches of Oats) and "Uncle Sam snacks" (i.e. fruit snacks and ice cream) forever and ever, amen. 

Please welcome my beautiful little sister, Jamilyn Barrett!



Hello! I’m Jamilyn and I am SO excited to be contributing a little something to this wonderful space that Jessie has created. I may be biased because she is my sister/best friend, but she is seriously wonderful with her work! Here's my contribution :) 

Thanksgiving.

It is a time to gather together with a “more the merrier” heart, to welcome friends and family into our homes to share a meal and our time. I read a book to my kids this week about this very thing, entitled Thanksgiving Graces By Mark Kimball Moultan and I may have shed a little tear while reading this part:

“That’s just the way it seems to work.
The more you love and care,
The more there always seems to be
For everyone to share.

So come- the more the merrier!
Of this, I have no doubt-
That sharing what we have
Is what Thanksgiving is all about!”


I’ll be hosting my first Thanksgiving this year (we’ll see how that goes), and at the same time trying to stay away from processed sugar (but I love dessert)… So in the spirit of sharing I thought I’d share a recipe with you. These are my favorite naturally sweetened Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins.





Enjoy this holiday with an open heart and welcoming spirit, bless someone who can’t repay you, and remember to give out of the abundance the Lord has given you.  

You’re welcome to come join our table!

-Jamilyn

No comments:

Post a Comment